Saturday, May 21, 2011

Book #4-Mind Over Labor

This is a re-read for me because I found it helpful in preparing for childbirth last time. I would highly recommend it to anyone in their last trimester, whether they plan a "natural" childbirth or not. It took me 2 months to read it for several reasons.

First, Keith & I are involved in a pretty good Bible study at church that involves homework 5 nights a week, plus a weekly group meeting. We're really glad to be doing it, but it is time consuming.

Second, we've been learning some Japanese together using Rosetta Stone. This was supposed to be in preparation for a project Keith was going to be on at work for the next 5-7 years, but then the terrible earthquake & tsunami hit Japan and everything's been on hold.

Third, I'm tired!

We're getting ready to celebrate Josiah's 3rd birthday next week! Check my facebook profile for pictures of his birthday cake. I sure hope it turns out the way I'm envisioning it in my mind. We're also making preparations for baby Rachel, obviously.

I'm also hoping to wrap up Isaac's preschool year next week or the following. No regrets at all. Homeschooling has been a good decision for us so far. Isaac can print his first and last name, as well as our house number. He knows our address and both my and Keith's phone numbers, letters, numbers, shapes, colors, can count to at least 20 without assistance and to 100 with assistance, plus he knows the basic sound each letter makes and has begun learning how to read. According to his Hooked on Phonics software he can read something like 80 words (like dad, mad, hat, rat, lit, sit, not, pot). He's learned how to button, snap, zipper, go potty completely by himself, make a phone call, and put his own toothpaste on his toothbrush. I'm already making some plans in my head for next school year when I'm working with both Isaac and Josiah.

I'm not sure what book(s) I may pick up next. I'm thinking either Baby Catcher, to get geared up for labor some more, or Physics for Dummies, because I've always wanted to learn Physics and I know I won't have time to learn something new like this for a while after the baby is born. I've also been thinking of reading more about missionaries too, like Amy Carmichael. But it's probably gonna be Baby Catcher!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sooo Mommy Meg, you have been awfully quiet... any books? any news?

Kelly said...

Mommy Meg!!! Where are you? :)

Kelly said...

I blogged and updated my books. You still alive over there?