Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keith is Home!

I survived his first two week trip to China! And so did he, though he's still struggling with some serious jet lag. He brought back the neatest things for us, best of which is the pearls! Mine are the prettiest-a pearl necklace with a pendant and long pearl earrings. He also got pearl jewelry for our moms, my niece, and his sister. My second favorite is the loose-leaf jasmine tea and the chinese teapot. It's so quaint, and the tea is really good! For the boys Keith brought adorable matching Chinese-style pajamas, and rubber stamps too. There were some other things too that I can't remember now, but those were the best!

It was so interesting hearing Keith talk about what it was like there. I was especially intrigued by the food customs, being a dietitian and a bit of a foodie. For instance, when they would dine, everything would be served family style, but there were no serving spoons. Everyone would help themselves using their own chopsticks-something that would be so taboo here!

Anyway, he's home. I'm 37 weeks pregnant. My hospital bag is packed. I'm reading two books that I wished I would've read in my second trimester. The first is Baby Catcher, which is just a collection, or a journal, of one midwife's experiences. The second is Mind Over Labor, which is about using relaxation and mental imagery to better cope with labor. I only wish I would've started them sooner because I worry that I could go into labor any day now without having time to practice any mental imagery or relaxation techniques. Of course, there's no telling how soon I may go into labor. Isaac was born at 37 weeks though. Josiah came at 39 weeks & 2 days. My point is, it's going to happen at some point in the next 3 weeks, 4 at worst.

Well the boys are both melting down behind me as I try to blog. So I'd better wrap this up. Josiah is saying new words everyday. He says "button" like bellybutton, only he points to his diaper instead of his button. So cute. Isaac is such a big boy. He loves this Wee Sing cd we have. There are 73 very short (like 15-30 second) songs and rhymes, and he has just about all of them memorized. In addition, he can do the fingers for some of them like the Eensy Weensy Spider and Where is Thumbkin.

All right, gotta go. It's bedtime for the boys anyway.

1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm so glad Keith is home safe and sound. What a wonderful experience for him. I'll try to call this weekend to catch up. Give everyone a hug for me.