Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Still Pregnant

38 weeks today, seeing the midwife weekly now. Last week I was 1cm dilated, 60-70% effaced. I'm also losing weight (I'm down 3.3lb since last week) which I think is another sign that we're near the end. I am, however, still pregnant for the time being.

On a very positive note, Keith and I have finally decided on both a boy name and a girl name! So we are prepared one way or another, FINALLY! My hospital bag is packed. The nursery is ready. I have diapers, nursing bras, etc. I even got a sample container of formula in the mail the other day, though I am hoping I don't have to deal with bottles and formula at all with this baby.

I also finished Mind Over Labor, which is about using mental imagery and relaxation exercises to better cope with the pain of contractions. I'm optimistic. My intention is to do this without an epidural this time because I've never had an uncomplicated one.

Well I have lots of laundry to do today so I'm going to hop to it.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

If you end up using formula, please let me know. I have about 6 or 8 of the free formula samples from the mail. Initially, I kept them just in case, but as I don't think we'll be using them it is getting a little silly to keep sooo many of them. If you use formula, I'll mail them to you.

And you can do this without an epidural! Just remember--RELAX relax relax and don't think about the pain, think of something else.

Kelly said...

are you STILL pregnant?