Friday, November 14, 2008

Do They Make Zap Collars for Little Boys?

Isaac does this little thing where he shrieks at the top of his lungs at the highest pitch he can reach and it's like nails running down a chalkboard to me. It's one of my pet peeves I think. I like peace and quiet. I know this is impossible with two little/baby boys, but I always look forward to nap time when the house is very quiet.

So as soon as I laid Isaac down for his nap this afternoon, he starts doing this shrieking and I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if he had one of those zap collars on & I could just shock him every time he does that?" I know, a sick, evil, twisted thought. I think it could come in handy though.

And if there's anyone out there reading this thinking, "What kind of mother would even think of such a thing!" Here's my advice: go have a kid or two. But you can't give them to someone else to raise, like daycare or your mother. You gotta stay home and raise them yourself. Then tell me the zap collar wouldn't be a great idea.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! I haven't gotten there yet with Madi, but I have been on the lookout for one for our cat! She scratches all our door jams and really makes them into quite a mess. Izzy (our cat) is smart too: she only does it when she knows I'm in bed or someplace where I won't get to her in time to swat her.

Glad to hear you've heard of the book! I hope you can find it at the library and like it. Let me know.

Denise Bryant said...

Totally great. I so wish for an "off button" for my kids. Sarah is one of the very loudest kids out there, we should put her & Isaac together and tell them to have a shrieking match.