Friday, November 21, 2008

This Week & Next

On October 26 I came down with fever, chills, body aches, and general malaise, which turned into a nasty cold. This then evolved into a terrible cough and chest congestion before I got a little better. Then last week the stuffy/runny nose and chills resumed, followed by an even worse cough and chest congestion. Finally this past Tuesday night I decided to take one of Isaac's breathing treatments leftover from when he had bronchitis a couple months ago. Today, Friday November 21, I can finally say I'm feeling better! Except now Keith is basically going through the same cycle. I assured him last night he'd feel better in 2-3 weeks.

The same week that I began to get sick, Josiah came down with an ear infection. He finished his course of antibiotics but he still has a terribly stuffy nose. It's so bad that sometimes he can barely breathe to take a bottle.

Isaac is the most healthy of us all, with just a little runny nose at times.

Because I was sick for so long I decided not to go anywhere this week. We skipped mom's group and storytime at the library, and I did not arrange any playdates for Isaac. We went to the mall twice: once just to walk (and then we went to my mom's), another to finish Christmas shopping for Keith's family. Other than that, we've been homebound this week.

On a positive note, I am finished with the Grand Rapids family Christmas shopping. That's half of our total Christmas shopping for the year! Yay! Another positive note, when I was at my mom's on Tuesday I read a lot of Jon & Kate Plus 8's book Multiple Blessings. I always read a little more of it every time I'm there. There are two things that will make me cry every time. One is a bride walking down the aisle. The other is a baby being born. Just reading about Jon & Kate's sextuplets being born made me bawl!

It's been a very low-key week. Tomorrow will be spent packing for Grand Rapids. There is a lot to pack! In addition to normal clothing and baby/toddler items, we will be packing Christmas presents, Josiah's humidifier (since he's still very sick), Isaac's breathing machine and Albuterol (just in case), and Isaac's Elmo potty as he's been doing wonderfully with potty training. Oh, and I'm sure I'll have to run to Giant Eagle tomorrow, at least to pick up Josiah's Zantac. However, Keith promised me Belgian waffles for breakfast. Yum! My mouth is watering already!

While we're in Grand Rapids we will be doing lots of visiting, so it really won't be very relaxing. I do always looking forward to seeing Keith's family and friends though. I just pray for God's travelling mercies to and from and that all of our illnesses are healed before we even get there! 'Till next time....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope your trip went well, and that it wasn't too hectic!