Thursday, May 21, 2009

Go See Star Trek!

Keith and I went to the movies last night for a belated anniversary date. We saw Star Trek and it was AWESOME! I have never seen a single episode of Star Trek, the series, but the trailers for this movie looked cool and I knew Keith liked Star Trek. I highly recommend seeing this movie. I didn't feel "lost" at all because of never watching Star Trek on TV. It was one of the fastest two hours I've ever spent in a movie theater.

Just don't see it in IMAX without taking Dramamine first. As soon as we walked into the theater I was dizzy. Within a half an hour after that I thought for sure I wouldn't make it to the end of the movie without vomiting. It was such a good movie, though, that I endured to the very end! And then I was sick for the rest of the night. Oh well. I'd still say it was worth it!

4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, you lucky dog. I've been wanting to see that movie. Of course, I'm an old Trekkie. Don't think I've ever missed an episode (of the original one). At least Keith must be feeling better. Hope you're not getting what he had.

Kelly said...

Yes, well anyone that knows my husband knows that we've already seen the Star Trek movie. On opening night, actually. With pre-purchased tickets. I am not a trekkie, but I have seen (endured) all episodes of next generation and voyager, as well as at least half of the movies. I enjoy them, but wouldn't necessarily choose to watch them. But Megan, I agree with you on this movie! I am actually hoping that they start a new series using these actors/characters. It was very well done with a great mix of humor and action. Definitely worth seeing!

Denise Bryant said...

We definitely want to see that! Too funny that it made you motion sick, shows it's a good flick, huh?

Sarah said...

i never thought i'd say that i might be interested in seeing a star trek movie, but after your props for it, i might! you make it sound like it was worth it! :-)