Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Book #9 and A New Pregnancy Symptom

Just finished All the Way Home by Mary Pride last night. It was a fantastic read about every aspect of being a family. I got Keith to start reading it. She's a big homeschooling author too. This is another oldie but goodie, copyright 1989. Some of the info in the chapter on childbirth is a little outdated, but for the most part is remains relevant. This is a great book not just for stay-at-home moms but for fathers too!

I never realized how many feminist notions had gotten into my head before reading these last two books!

And the new pregnancy symptom is that I cannot drink any caffeinated beverage without experiencing very painful cramps. This is disturbing because sometimes I would just about kill for unsweetened ice tea. Plus monthly mochas are such a treat. It's milk, water, and juice for me from now on.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know how you feel about drinks! I am dying lately for something good and cold. Not that I can't technically have them, but the calories are not something I necessarily need. I would have an iced mocha or smoothie every day if it wasn't for the calories.

Did you try decaffeinated tea? You can make your own by soaking the tea bag in hot water for about 5 minutes, then tossing that water and starting over. Supposedly most of the caffeine is used in the first cup. And there is always lemonade.