Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I don't know where I've been or what I've been doing.

I'm on the last chapter of this Environmental Nutrition homestudy, so that's good. I so want to move on to other books.

Watched the Superbowl with our friends Jess & Phil. Josiah spent the second half of the game sleeping in my arms. Oh, it had been so long since he'd done that! I didn't mind holding him at all! Go Steelers!

Still haven't made any progress on the scrapbooks or my Spanish lessons. The house is dirty again. Haven't lost any weight, nor will I for quite some time, if you know what I mean. If you don't, you will soon. My New Year's resolutions have pretty much gone out the window for the month of February.

Isaac & Josiah are great. Isaac sings so many songs so well now. He counts pretty well too. I just can't get that kid to learn his colors! He picks up on everything else, except colors! It's like, he doesn't care about colors or something. He'd rather do anything than learn colors. Oh well. Josiah walks behind walker toys now. He's into everything: the dog bowls, shaking the lamp, electrical cords, climbing the steps and falling off of them, Isaac's Elmo potty, the bathroom trashcan. He's so hard to keep up with sometimes, but he is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it. I think I'm going to stop laying him down for evening naps now too, because he isn't napping well in the morning anymore. He does about the same at night. I still hear him wake up around 5 or 6, but he usually finds his pacifier and settles himself. This morning he actually slept past 7:30! Woo hoo!

I have a yummy granola recipe to post too! Just don't eat it all in 24 hours like Keith & I did. Then it's not good for you!

4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup softened butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup peanut butter

You can get creative with this recipe too by adding ground flax seed (I add about 1/2 cup of this), sunflower seeds, raisins, dried fruit, shredded coconut, or chocolate chips (hmm, this sounds good too!). You can use maple syrup instead of honey, or chopped nuts instead of peanut butter.

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. Mix all ingredients together and press down into greased baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly. You can either slice it into bars or crumble it into loose granola for yogurt or something.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy! It kind of reminds me of the topping for apple crisp, which also sounds amazing right about now.

And don't worry about the weight thing--you and I can work on that next winter. I know I'll need help getting motivated to lose all these pregnancy pounds. Maybe we can motivate each other like we are trying to do with reading.

And I can't say it enough--I'm glad you're back to blogging.