Sunday, March 15, 2009

Book #5

I finished Atonement last night. For the very first time in my life, I'm going to say that the movie was about as good as the book. Don't get me wrong, the book was very good. But the movie pretty much covered it all! The movie did not deviate from the book much at all. For the first time the book was kind of ruined because I'd already seen the movie. The novel was every bit as sad as the movie was too. In fact, when Keith & I walked out of the theater I didn't even know if I could call it a good movie because it was so heart-wrenching & tragic. I don't know if I'll read any more books from this author, Ian McEwan, unless they're highly recommended.

Next I'm going to read 1984 by George Orwell. This is one of Keith's favorites that he's been dying for me to read ever since we got married. I don't know why but I finally have an interest in it-probably because of today's political climate. I may read the Duggar's book at the same time too. I haven't decided yet.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

1984 is a good book. I read it for a class in high school, and remember enjoying it. It was one I had Josh read recently, and he found it intriguing too. So be sure to let us know what you think of it!

West Michigan Quilter said...

1984 is a good book. Have you thought about reading something that makes you laugh or at least leaves you feel good? With today's climate being so negative, it's just so draining, and I try to read things that make me laugh. Of course, this type of book is usually not as thought provokinig. I'll try to compile a list. Hope all is well, Love Nana

Mommy Meg said...

Good idea Nana! I'll try to think of something, but I'd love to hear your suggestions as well!