Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My week so far

My face is terribly broken out, & I just downed about a 1/3 of a container of rainbow sherbet. Hope it doesn't make me sick. Oh, yeah, I haven't been sick for about a week now. This morning was tougher, but I think it's because I woke up so early.

Monday is laundry day here at my house. It proved to be a very productive day too, as I was able to get all of the laundry done in one day. I didn't have it all folded & put away until last night, but that's beside the point. Isaac loves to "help" with the laundry, which just means he has to come downstairs with me every time I put another load in. He also likes to play with the caps that I use to measure the detergent & fabric softener. I throw them in the wash with every load, so they're perfectly clean when they come out. It's not like I'm letting him play with sticky gooey caps.

Both boys took wonderful naps on Monday, which is a blessing because Isaac has begun to give up his naps I believe. If we're at my mom's I don't even bother trying to lay him down anymore. My new rule is if he isn't alseep in like 45 min., I just get him out of his crib.

I made chicken & biscuits with french style green beans for dinner on Monday. Delicious! Isaac practically cleaned his plate. Oh, I almost forgot, for lunch on Monday I made grilled cheese & tomato soup and Isaac licked his bowl of tomato soup clean! It's no surprise that he ate his sandwich, but I was a bit surprised that he ate every last drop of soup! That's a first.

Monday was bath night and Keith is really great at helping me with baths. Basically he takes one boy and I take the other-yet another comfortable little system that will completely break down when no. 3 comes along! I can't remember what I did after bedtime. I haven't done a whole lot of reading lately. I have been reading a bit about Universal Studios Orlando because we're going there in less than 3 weeks!!! I also began rereading The Power of a Praying Parent, and keeping a prayer journal, not only for my children but standing in the gap for my niece and nephew as well.

Tuesday (yesterday) I went to my moms group-which I love! I stopped at McDonald's on the way home (something I rarely do) to pick up lunch for me & my parents, as I was going straight to their house. I know it sounds weird, & disgusting, but McDonald's little hamburgers were one of a few things I could get down when I was really sick. Feeling a bit more adventurous yesterday, however, I opted for a quarter-pounder without cheese over the little regular hamburger. No fries. Just an unsweetened tea (another pregnancy thing). I got Isaac a hamburger happy meal but, don't you know, that kid just doesn't like McDonald's-Praise God! He had a few fries, and all of his Hi-C orange drink, that's it! He also does not like macaroni & cheese or chicken nuggets. Am I blessed or what?

After lunch my parents pretty much had the boys occupied, so I started going through some old books from when I was growing up. I had always remembered this story my dad read me when I was little about a swan that spun bolts of fabric. Well my parents finally found that book in a box in the attic Monday night! It wasn't a swan, it was a crane, and the name of the book is The Crane Maiden, by some Japanese author. I am happy to report that the book is once again in my possession, along with several others from my childhood! I am still looking for a book called The Olden Days though. I hope we never sold it at a yard sale or anything. My mom saves everything (literally), so I'd be surprised if it wasn't in another old box somewhere.

Anyway, Isaac was playing with my mom in the basement so I laid Josiah down for his nap & then left to go grocery shopping. As I was taking all of the groceries upstairs Keith came home. I had just planned on having leftovers for dinner, so he started heating everything up while I went back to my mom's to get the boys. We had dinner, took a walk outside (the weather has been fabulous), talked to some neighbors, then it was bathtime again. I called last night a bonus bath as I usually only bathe them every other night. But Josiah got his 9 month pictures taken at Penney's this am, so they had to have baths last night.

This morning I woke up at 6 to get showered before the boys woke up, which is why I felt a little crappy I think. My mom watched Isaac again while Josiah got his 9 month pictures taken. The pictures turned out beautifully. I spent more money than I wanted to of course. We got back to my mom's, had lunch, then came home, and it was nap time. Thankfully, again, both boys are napping!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I totally understand about the McDonald's hamburgers being the only thing you could keep down. My first trimester everything unhealthy looked and smelled good; everything healthy just did not. Now, it has shifted back to normal in my second trimester. But I remember staring at the healthy foods I had made for dinner, and just not being able to stomach them.

Madi will eat McD's cheeseburgers, but she will not eat fries or chicken nuggets. Her an Isaac must have similar eating habits, as you said he also takes forever to eat!