Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010!

Keith and I were just discussing this morning what a big year it would be for each of our kids.

Elizabeth: by the end of this year she will likely be walking and talking, perhaps even imitating some of the things we do like talk on the phone. She will hopefully love books as much as her brothers do too. I kind of hope she'll still be nursing a little, but I bet she'll be onto sippy cups too.

Josiah: by the end of this year he will be 2 1/2, so he may or may not become interested in the potty. He will definitely be speaking in sentences and paragraphs, mimicking us even more. He will likely learn to sing songs like his big brother does now too, and will probably recognize at least some of his letters and numbers, should recognize his colors and shapes too.

Isaac: Keith and I pray earnestly that Isaac will be potty trained by the end of 2010! In fact, we're beginning anew when he turns 3 in a few weeks. We've been practicing saying, "Good-bye diapers, hello under-bunder-boos!" This morning Isaac put his pants on all by himself and it made me realize he may very well be dressing himself by the end of the year. I bet he'll become a master of letters and numbers, and may even recognize some words. He already recognizes his name, which is cool. Who knows what else? We plan on buying him a bike this summer. I bet he needs the training wheels for a while, but it will still be exciting to see him ride it!

How could I forget the biggest, most important, and perhaps the most challenging resolution of 2010...TO NOT GET PREGNANT! I always say over and over again how much I truly believe that children are a wonderful blessing and gift from God, and I'm so thankful for our fertility, but I sure could use a break! Keith and I look forward to a new phase in our marriage-the phase where I'm actually not pregnant!

No comments: